In the previous article, you’ll have learnt about what is a Gig on Fiverr. Today our main topic, on which we will focus, is how to create a Gig on Fiverr. However, we are just reminding the previous topic that a Gig is a service offered on Fiverr is called Gig or in other words, you can also say that Gig is the service that you sell on Fiverr.
If you are looking for a comprehensive guide on how to create a Gig on Fiverr? This article will really help you create a Fiverr Gig, in very simple steps. With the help of Gig you can display your education, skill and talent. Your Gig on Fiverr also provide buyers all the necessary information they need to help them to decide to business with you. In simple words a Gig is a good opportunity, not only for you but also, for buyers which help them to know about you. With the help of your Gig, the buyers on Fiverr will be able to make their decision.
Before we start creating our Gig on Fiverr, we thing that it is necessary to share with you that Fiverr has iOS App, however Gig creation can only be completed using a computer. This is because the Fiverr’s mobile app has no built-in-feature to create a gig on Fiverr. It is, therefore, important to use your computer to log in to your Fiverr account.
It is very easy to creating a gig on Fiverr. There are some simple and easy to understand steps involved in this process. These steps can be classified in to six main steps and these steps are further divided into sub-steps. For your easiness, we have summarized the whole procedure in six steps. This will really help the new sellers on Fiverr, to easily conceptualize the procedure. The first step is overview, the second is pricing, third one is description and FAQ, fourth one is requirements, fifth one is gallery and the last and sixth one publish. Now these six steps, and their sub-steps, are explained one-by-one below, in more details.
Note: You may be interested to read What is Fiverr and how it Works?
Step # 1. Overview:
To create a Gig on Fiverr
To start creating a gig on Fiverr, first of all it is important to create a profile or register with Fiverr. However, if you already have registered on Fiverr then you will be required to do the following,
- Log in to your Fiverr account,
- Click on Selling > Gigs.
- Then you need to click on Create a new Gig.
If you are creating a Gig for the first time, you have to click on Selling >start selling.
Next, you have to fill out your seller profile and then proceed for creating your new Gig.
- Gig Title: Now another page will open and this will lead you to create a gig on Fiverr. On this page, you will see the Gig title Remember that your gig title is the short description that you want to offer on Fiverr. Remember that this is also the URL of your Gig on Fiverr that also appears in the URL field. Peoples will see, what you write in this box. You have to write a title of up to 80 characters. Also remember that your gig title should be relevant and to the point what you offer in your gig. It should also be clear and neither too short and neither too long. However, if you are confused what title to give to your Fiverr gig, just look at the URL of other sellers and get useful ideas from them.
- Category: Next, in the drop-down menu of category, you have to select the appropriate category. You also have to choose the appropriate sub-category for your Gig. Fiverr has a large number of categories like Digital marketing, Graphics & designing, video & animation, writing & translation, Music & Audio, Business, Programming & Tech and Fun and life styling.
Here one important point should be kept in mind that on the basis of your profile, Fiverr will recommend categories and sub-categories. But you have to select and click on the most relevant category.
- Service Type: In the next step, in the Service Type drop-down menu, select a service type, that are relevant and match to your gig category you have selected, in order to make it sure that you appear in the search results.
Keep notice that this feature is available only for certain categories.
- In this area, you have to name the most relevant criteria for your service. Also keep in mind that this feature is also only available for certain categories.
- Search Tags: This Field is very important and must be filled very carefully and wisely. In this field, you have to enter at least one word or phrase that best describe your Gig on Fiverr. However, Fiverr allows you to choose up to 5 search tags. As its name also suggest that it mostly effect the search results. It is, therefore, important that if you want your gig get high traffic and more visibility in Fiverr search results, then your search tags must contain popular keywords that you think buyers will search for whenever they visit Fiverr. Still confused? Don’t worry, currently Fiverr sellers has more than 3 million gigs. Just start browsing a few of them, related to your category, to get ideas from.
- In the last sub-step of review, you have to click on the green button of Save & Continue.
STEP # 2: Scope & Pricing
This is very important step and section of your gig on Fiverr. In this step, you are going to present your gig in the form of three different gig packages and also in the scope of those packages. Choose it properly and wisely because it will definitely bring some effects on your gig. This main step can also be further divided into sub-steps. The following screen shot has been taken from this page. The sub-steps are provided below.
If you look at this page, you will see that in most of the categories, there is an option available for three different packages. So click on “Try Now” and table or frame of the packages will appear. It is little bit more technical and need some basic knowledge. In this package frame, you will see different sections or options. These are given below,
- Package Name: In this option, you can give name to your Gig according to your choice. Here you have to write a brief title for your service that you are going to offer to your buyers. For example, you can give names such as “Basic”, “Standard” and “Premium”.
- Offering Details: The next section is offering details. In this section or box, you have to describe and provide all the required details about your offering. You also have to provide the important items, you would like to include, in your Gig package. Let suppose, you are offering Data Entry service, then you can describe whether you will offer items like Page Setup, Page Optimization etc in your particular Gig package or not? Similarly, if you are offering logo design services, so you can select from the predefined list of items, like number of logos to include, consisting the source file, and including a high resolution file. It is to be noted that in certain categories, Fiverr allows you the option to create three packages. Just click to turn on 3 packages or click on “Try Now” Once you create three packages, your customized extra services will be available to buyers when they proceed to the checkout page of your gig.
- Revisions: Below the offering details section, the very next section is revisions. In fact, gig revisions is a drop-down menu and you can select the numbers of revisions you will offer in your particular Gig package. Gig revision is the number of time you intend to revise your finished work.
- Delivery Time: In fact, the delivery time is the number of days it will take for you to finish your Gig/service/order/ task. You can select the number of days, from the delivery drop-down menu, in which you will be able to complete your order/work from the delivery time.
- Gig Prices: This also very important step and needs to be more wisely chosen. Gig price section has also a drop-down menu and your gig pricing has a lowest price of $5 and can be set to as high as $995. Also keep in mind that you can also unlock other packages for the same Gig. In case you wish the same, just click on Try Now Depending upon your category and sub-category, other options may be provided in your Gig pricing.
- Gig Extras: Below the Scope & Pricing item sections, you will also see another section, called gig extras. In these gigs you can offer additional services for your gig and these extra services will be available to your buyers during the order process. Remember that it is not necessary that you offer these services, these fields are optional. You can choose this option from My Gig Extras section, to do this, just select the Extra fast delivery checkbox. You can select the items from the list available in My Gig Extras area. As you click on Add Gig Extra, new fields will open and you will be needed to fill out title, a short description, and amount of money you will charge for this service and also how long it will take to deliver it. In simple words, you will indicate that how many days it will take you to deliver the service and how much money will you charge for your Gig extras.
In these fields you can offer some additional services. Similarly, you can also provide extra and fast delivery of your Gig packages.
With the help of standard and premium packages unlocked, you can set different prices for the same gig, depending upon the extra services you want to render to your buyers. This whole process can be explained with examples. It is important to note that for each extra provided there, you will be needed to select the checkbox and then set your desired price and how much time or days it will take you to complete this service.
Let suppose, you have set your basic plan at $5, and you have set the delivery date for three (3) days, so here you can decide to increase and set your standard price to $10, for two days delivery.
Important Note: In case, you select the extra fast delivery, so the amount of days for the extra fast delivery cancels out the amount of time you indicated in your extra services.
Handling & Shipping: Keep remember that handling and shipping fee are charged in those cases when someone provide products. If you are also among them who are providing products then you can charge shipping fees. Let suppose, if you are selling a product so you can set the prices for shipping the product to the country. Here, you have to check the boxes and also select the price that how much will you charge for this shipping.
It is also to be noted that if you have enabled multiple orders, you can select that how much you will charge. After that click on Save and Continue.
Step # 3: Gig Description & FAQ: It is one of the most important and necessary step for creating gig on Fiverr.
In the description field/box you will be needed to provide complete details about your gig. You can write your gig description on Fiverr up to 1,200 characters long. There are several new sellers on Fiverr that quickly create their gig description. But we advise you that this should not be the case with you too. You have to be patient and provide as much details as possible, about your gig on Fiverr, so buyers will be able to understand what your gig is about and if this meets their criteria. Also avoid spelling and grammatical errors. To provide a good description about your gig, it is necessary that you have to visit and browse through gigs of some top sellers experts in your category. In this way, you will learn from their description and will get some idea. It is very important that you write your own ideas and words and never copy others gig descriptions word-by-word. If you do that, Fiverr may demote your gig ranking on Fiverr. Similarly, there are also chances that Fiverr will deprive your gig visibility in search results.
One important point should be noted and kept in mind that if you add a URL, so only include an URL from the approved Fiverr’s URLs list.
Next, in the frequently asked questions area, you will be required to click on Add FAQ.
Important Point: Here, in this section, you can add the most relevant answers to the most commonly asked questions, from buyers. These FAQs will be shown in your Gig page.
Next, add a question that you think your buyers may ask, and then also write yours most relevant and to the point answer.
Next, click Add.
When you have finished adding your FAQs and answers, click Save & Continue.
You can add multiple questions and answers by repeating the same process as provided above.
Step # 4: Requirements
This is the fourth important step in the process of creating Gig on Fiverr. Before you start any type of work, you will be required to fully understand what that work is all about? In simple words, requirements means that what will you need from your buyers to start the order. Fortunately, Fiverr provides you an option to define some instructions for your buyers in different forms like free text, multiple choice questions or you can also upload a file.
- Free Text: With the help of this feature, you write in your requirement, and your buyers is expected to fulfill them in the form of text message response.
- Multiple Answers: With the help of multiple answers feature, you have to ask a question and then give multiple answers choices from which your buyers have to choose. If you select multiple answer, answer fields will be opened. Now you’ll be required to fill out the multiple choice answers that you want the buyers to choose from. You will be needed at least two answers to choose from. Similarly, you can also add more answers by clicking the “+Add Optional Answers” button.
- Attached File: You can choose this option, if you need a file from your buyers, to complete your work. You can also specify that what this file should consist of in description window, and your buyers will be asked to upload it upon purchase.
Remember that you can add as many requirements as you need, just by clicking the +Add Another Requirement” button that appear upon submission of your first. Also remember that if the answer to a requirement is optional, you have to unclick the “Answer is Mandatory” box.
When you have finished defining your buyer’s requirements, click on “Save & Continue” button.
The requirement box let you to write 450 characters and we think it is sufficient in asking information from your buyers. It is, therefore, very important to ensure that you tell your buyers to freely communicate, in full details, each and everything you need to get started the work.
Step 5#: Gig Gallery:
The Gallery option of Fiverr provides you with the option to add three (3) different type of formats/categories gig galleries. For instance, you can either add an image, video or PDF file or all of the above mentioned. But it depends upon your services. However, it is necessary to choose to put those files in your gig gallery that is more relevant to your gig offerings. We suggest you to use a high quality media file that best describes about your gig on Fiverr. We also recommend you to use, if possible, a high quality video of yourself. In this way buyers are more likely to buy from you if you have gig video, while creating your gig on Fiverr.
- Gig Photos: The Gig photos feature is very easy. It is, therefore, that on Fiverr, probably you may have noticed that most of the gig listing consist of a photo that is related to the service the seller is selling. This is more common in in graphic and web designing gigs. Even such kind of photos are also present if the gig is somethings that’s is not easily photographed, for instance a writing gig still include a photo. On Fiverr, you can simply drag and drop or brows your desired image/s and add it to your gig gallery. However, the gig photos option has some requirements that must be followed. For instance, you have to make sure that the image format are in PNG, JPG, GIF or BMP and it site should not exceed from the already specified limit of 50 MBs. Also keep in mind that your image should be plagiarism-free, otherwise your gig will not be approved by Fiverr. We also suggest you to use those images that are more related to your Gig.
- Gig Video: This option of gig video is must and mandatory for videos and animation categories, however, it is optional for other categories. According to Fiverr, gigs that contain a video receive up to 200% more orders and enjoy 40% higher user engagement level as compared to those gigs that lack of any kind of video. You can simple add your desired video just by drag & drop or by browsing your video. Before you upload your video you have to make it sure that your video not exceeded than 75 seconds. Similarly, the video must not consist of any type of personal contacts. Here we are going to add our suggestion that you have to mention that your services are exclusively offered on Fiverr. Your added video will be used as thumbnail in the marketplace, in place of photos you have uploaded.
- Gig PDF: In Gig PDF you can add your desired PDF files by dragging and dropping or by browsing it. The gig PDF field is optional and Fiverr allows you to add up to three PDF files to your Fiverr gig. However, gig PDF option should only be used when further clarification is needed. Fiverr, therefore, provides this option because it is one of the best format for accomplishing this purpose. The gig PDF option is more suitable for writers and others whose work samples/examples are most likely to be in PDF text format. One point should be kept in mind that gig PDF option is optional. And your PDF file should not exceed than 3 pages because Fiverr will display the first three pages of your PDF file.
Step 6#: Publishing Gig on Fiverr: Publishing gig on Fiverr is the last step to get you gig live on Fiverr. Once you have successfully completed the above mentioned steps, a green color button will appear in the last step that’ll ask you to publish your gig. As soon as you click on the Publish Gig button, your gig on Fiverr will become live and visible to buyers. Now the buyers who are searching for freelancers, on Fiverr, will see your gig in your category.
Once your gig become live, Fiverr will ask you to share it on social media. After you click on publish button and your gig become live, you will see different social networks icons. You can use these networks to promote your gig. To get started promoting your gig, just click on icon and then fill out the details about yours gig. According Fiverr studies, “gigs which are promoted, on social media, are 3 times more likely to sell as compared to un-promoted gigs. Sharing and promoting gigs on social platforms is a very good idea. We highly suggest you to use this option and share your gig on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc.
After that click on green color “Don” button.
Here another important point should be remembered that if your gig consist of a video, its status will be pending until your Gig video is reviewed. However, if your gig does not have any video, it will be labeled as “Active”.
That was the complete guide about creating gig on Fiverr.
If you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends who are interested in how to create a gig on Fiverr. We are hopeful this article will definitely help them.
Also read about What is a Gig on Fiverr?