Today we will discuss about how to increase PHP maximum execution time in local server using Xampp. If you are the beginner and using wordpress, you may upload new themes or plugins. Sometime these themes or plugins are bigger in size, usually in megabytes, and therefore take more time in uploading. During uploading a larger file we see fatal errors like: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded. Why this error occurs? The following reasons may also be responsible for this fatal error,
Your PHP is taking too much time to respond to your browser.
You have installed several software on your desktop/laptop or possibly your desktop/laptop is slow due to less RAM configured.
You will have tried again and again to upload a file of bigger size but the problem will persist. This is a big problem, but there is no need to worry about it, we have brought solution for your problem as we did earlier. We can solve your issue, without changing anything in this file or system configuration. This is almost the same as that of increase maximum uploading file size limit in wordpress. You need to carefully draw attention and just follow the below simple steps.
- Open the folder where you have installed wordpress. It is commonly located in drive C and the common path is Drive Child >> Xampp Folder>> PHP Folder>> PHP.ini.
- Now open PHP folder.
- Now open the ‘ php.ini’ with editor like Notepad ++ or simple Notepad.
- Now search for these words ‘max_execution_time’ and find it there. You can also find it by using ctrl+F buttons; a search box will open, and then copy and paste these words.
- You will find the default value of max_execution_time=30. Now replace it with your desired value for example max_execution_time=120
- Next you will need to save this file with the same name/title and then stop apache server in xamp control panel.
- Don’t forget to Re-start apache server in xampp control panel to effect the changed you have made recently.
Congrats: Now you have have increased default php execution time in your local server using XAMPP.